Jim Cathcart, author, professional speaker and business leader, is the founder and CEO of Cathcart Institute, Inc. (founded in 1977), a think tank of advisors to Business Owners, Leaders and Executives in the areas of business strategy, executive development, professional speaking and sales improvement. His thirty years of study in applied behavioural science has resulted in The Acorn Principle, a comprehensive book designed to guide readers into an awareness of the many elements that make them who they are. This breakthrough work achieved best-seller status online as well as through traditional hardbound book channels. In fact, it was the nation’s number two best selling e-book in the year 2000, second only to Stephen King. He has his own TV show on TSTN network and has delivered over 2,600 speeches around the world.
For more information see: www.cathcart.com
The Acorn Principle
Self-awareness - knowing your nature, your abilities, and how you react to people and situations - may well be the greatest life-management skill you can have. This book is a guide to doing a complete "life checkup" that will help you pinpoint your talents and strengths. Nurturing those strengths is the key to the success you've always wanted but didn't know how to attain. You will learn:
- Why some people attract you and others repel you
- How to predict your instinctive reactions to various situations to understand what circumstances you thrive in and why
- Where your intellectual blind spots are
- Why you like and dislike certain things and how to use that knowledge to motivate yourself
- Who are the most influential people in your life and how to connect with them and others more effectively
- How to control your simple daily actions in such a way that you develop new abilities and continually grow a better life.
Below: covers of the original book and translation.